Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 Sep 2012
We are recruiting Pearson Freelance Primary Trainers ACROSS THE WHOLE OF SCOTLAND
Pearson is looking for freelance educational trainers/consultants with a thorough understanding of the primary classroom. You will be joining our committed team of freelance trainers who deliver courses on Pearson products that are designed to inspire and support teachers and enable children to achieve and enjoy learning.
You will have at least three years experience as a primary school teacher and preferably extensive experience as a consultant, trainer or advisor to primary schools and teachers. Candidates who can offer experience in the following areas will be of particular interest: maths, synthetic phonics, reading, spelling, grammar and punctuation, raising attainment particularly of struggling learners and using technology to support all learners.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- You are a Primary School Teacher with a minimum of 3 years teaching experience at primary level and/or you have a proven track record of working with primary schools and teachers in the UK as a consultant, trainer or adviser.
- You hold a degree.
- You are a fully qualified teacher.
- You have experience of delivering effective whole school training to colleagues in your school or other schools.
- Be ICT literate and confident using a variety of ICT packages to support classroom pedagogy and practice.
- You have a full, clean driving licence with business insurance.
Our freelance trainers deliver full day, half day and online courses to schools across the country using materials produced by the Pearson Professional Development team.
You will therefore be willing to travel to deliver training sessions (all travel expenses will be covered).
The deadline for applications is at midnight on Wednesday 26th September. Assessment days will be held in London from the mid to late October and travel expenses will be covered.
Please click ‘Apply now’ for more information, including a full Role Description and Frequently Asked Questions, and to complete an online application.