Vacancy posted: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012
Clyde Maritime Centre Ltd Administrative Assistant Glasgow £15,000 pa
Job Summary: The key function of this position is to provide administrative support for the centre’s activities. The post holder will be based in the main office, reporting directly to the Ship Manager whilst maintaining a close working relationship with the Finance Administrator. Some evening or weekend working will be required for which time off in lieu will be given.
Contract Type: Six month temporary contract
· Dealing with a high level of telephone calls and enquiries.
· Responsible for answering intercom.
· Ensuring all visitors to the offices and contractors for the ship are signed in.
· Ordering of stationery as required.
· Maintain an organised filing system.
· Ensure the outgoing mail is taken to for pick up.
· Word Processing of letters and documents.
· Providing general office duties such as photocopying, faxing and scanning.
· Responsible for updating the online diary.
· Responsible for updating meeting room board.
· Recording and filing of staff holiday requests, sickness absence and timesheets.
· Minute taking required for monthly and quarterly meetings.
· Ensure Meeting Room is kept clean and tidy.
· Making refreshments for meetings as required.
· Provide cover for till duties as and when required.
· Interact with visitors and provide high standards of customer service.
· Any other duties as reasonably requested by the line manager.
· Polite professional telephone manner.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to work well on own and as part of a team.
· Experience of Microsoft Office programmes.
· Strong accurate written communications.
· Ability to use own initiative
· Well presented smart appearance.
Closing Date: 28-Sep-2012
About Clyde Maritime Centre Ltd
Clyde Maritime Centre Ltd, operating as The Tall Ship at Riverside, is an independent museum committed to the preservation and interpretation of the SV Glenlee and the maritime history of the area, for the benefit of both local people and visitors to Glasgow. This is funded in part through ticket sales for the visitor attraction operations and the development of The Tall Ship at Riverside as one of the most unique function venues in Glasgow.