Vacancy posted: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012
SAOS Ltd Project Manager Can be based anywhere £30,000
SAOS Project Manager – Circa £30k
The Scottish Agricultural Organisation Society team are Scotland’s experts on farm co-operatives and food industry collaboration. We provide a range of specialist information, development and consultancy services and are acknowledged specialists in co-operative development, management and governance within Scotland’s land-based industries.
We are currently seeking to expand our team with the addition of a new Project Manager. As an SAOS Project Manager you will be pro-active and commercially orientated, working with farmers and established co-ops to develop and implement strategies that enable Scotland’s farming and food industry to adapt and innovate in response to market, environmental and political change.
SAOS is an Investor in People and prioritises personal development. We will support the successful applicant to become an expert on agricultural co-operation and co-operatives.
It is vital that applicants have the following:
· At least 3 years full time employment, ideally with experience
of working under own initiative as well as part of a team.
· Hold a degree or equivalent concerning agriculture, rural
management or sustainability.
· Strong communication skills, be fully IT literate and able to
demonstrate excellent report writing skills.
· Be self disciplined and self motivated.
· Have a full driving license.
It will be helpful if applicants have:
· Experience and a proven interest in agriculture and rural
· Concern for the future best interests of Scotland’s farming,
food and drink industry and rural Scotland.
· A good understanding of change effects concerning the
environment and global markets.
· Some knowledge of the agricultural co-operative sector and
For more information on SAOS Ltd see our website at www.saos.coop.
Please send your response by e-mail to email@example.com by 1st October 2012.
Applicants who most closely meet our requirements will be invited for interview.
Closing Date: 01-Oct-2012