Vacancy posted: Thursday, 13 Sep 2012
Aqualife Services Ltd Finance Manager Stirling (Town) £ depending on experience + benefits
This is a part time role – 3 days / week (flexible on times), but may increase as the business grows.
The company’s head office is in Stirling with a branch office in Norway.
- be a fully qualified accountant who has previously worked in a managerial position.
- have strong financial management skills along with good commercial awareness.
- have good communication and inter-personal skills
- take ownership of the financial management of the business thereby maximising the strategic and efficient use of the financial resources available to the business
- take responsibility for managing the day to day running of the finance function
- ensure that financial systems are monitored and managed to cover all regulatory, reporting and compliance requirements for all financial aspects of the business and any additional suitable systems are implemented within UK and Norway
The main responsibilities of the role are –
- prepare and analyse accurate and relevant monthly management accounts
- Line Management responsibility for small finance team
- Day to day running of the accounting process
- provide analysis of the variances in the management accounts from previous periods and from forecasts to assist with forward planning
- preparation and monitoring of cashflows and budgets providing key finance information to the management team for decision making
- preparation and analysis of job costings – turnover and margins
- provide analysis of job margins to management team for contract pricing
- management of the bank accounts (UK and Norway) and treasury management
- invoicing for Norwegian and UK work
- creation of internal invoices for intercompany charging
- contribute to strategies relating to commercial and cultural development of the company
- provide support to non-finance managers
- working with the external accountants (on Norwegian accounts and year end for UK and Norway), Norwegian auditor, bank managers and insurance providers
- Qualified CA
- Team player and able to work on own initiative
- Experience of running a small finance team and contributing to the business as a key member of the management team
- Commercially focused
- Good hands – on accounts preparation experience
- Must be proficient in Sage and Excel and provide support and guidance to staff on the finance team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication, people and relationship building skills
- Experience of intercompany accounting would be an advantage.
- Willingness to learn about and understand accounting practices in Norway (supported by present finance manager and external accountants).
- Good problem solving skills.
- Interest in identifying and implementing process improvements and adding value to financial management systems
Closing Date: 28-Sep-2012
About Aqualife Services Ltd
Aqualife Services is a pioneering Scottish company leading the provision of fish welfare services to the aquaculture industries in the UK and Norway. The company has a strong, well developed culture which supports the business in achieving itsí commercial aims and we are committed to continued commercial growth in the UK and overseas. An opportunity has arisen for a new Finance manager to join the team in Stirling, reporting directly to the Managing Director. This is a key role in the business and the successful applicant will play a major part in helping the company meet itís ambitious growth targets.