Vacancy posted: Friday, 14 Sep 2012
A fixed term opportunity has arisen within the Economic Regulation Department for a Regulatory Economic Analyst. The position is based at Castle House in Dunfermline.
The team provides technical support to project teams across Scottish Water’s regulatory function, and has a direct input into the development of business and regulatory strategy. In particular the team provides analytical support for:
- Strategic Reviews and monitoring performance with respect to these
- Regulatory reporting
- Long Term Business planning
- Regulatory input to business wide initiatives
The role holder will be principally involved in:
- Internal benchmarking of Scottish Water’s financial and non-financial data
- Developing, maintaining and analysing data-sets using econometric and statistical techniques
There is also ad-hoc work required from time to time.
The ideal individual will have some knowledge of the role of economic regulation in the UK water and wastewater industry, as well as some experience in the use of statistical or financial analysis.
It is also expected that the role holder will have:
- Some practical experience of project management and influencing external and internal stakeholders
- Some experience of being involved in presenting technical concepts to non-specialists
- An understanding of the utility business environment including the role of customer service standards, investment planning and operational efficiency
- Educated to degree level in a numerical disciple with a business focus.
- Suitable grades in Higher or A level Mathematics and English.
The period of the contract will be 18 months.
Job Reference: SW/003045
Closing Date: 28-Sep-2012