Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012
Global Engineering Firm is looking to recruit a Sub Contract Controller to support their team based in Irvine. The contract duration has not been defined but it is expected to be long term, running on an on going basis.
You will be responsible for monitoring, coordination and supervision of subcontractors working within a multi-disciplined environment. Duties include;
- Monitor and evaluation of subcontractor performance
- Review subcontracts against programme and report accordingly
- Facilitate development and implementation of subcontractor recovery programmes if any deviation to original programme occurs
- Liaise between site activities and subcontractor activities
- Audit subcontractor safety and quality performance and take action where necessary
- Issue work instructions/permits etc. to subcontractors
- Report upward on subcontractor performance
- Handle variations to work scope and report accordingly.
- Assist the Commercial Engineer with checking site progress against that claimed by contractor on claims / invoices
To apply for this position for this position you should be educated to a minimum of HNC level or equivalent in a relevant Engineering qualification (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering). You should have proven experience of subcontract coordination within a multi-disciplined environment. Experience working in the Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical or Process industries would be highly advantageous.
On offer is a competitive hourly rate and the opportunity to progress your career with a forward thinking market leader.
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: LDA/PJP/18624
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.