Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012
Contract: 3 Months
Hourly Rate: £35 phr / £42 phr
The role of the Subcontracts Controller is to co-ordinate, monitor and supervise the supply, services, installation and erection of subcontracts at site, ensuring execution of the defined work scope of contracts in accordance with the quality, safety and site procedures.
* Significant and appropriate experience in Mechanical & Process Industry Sector
* Knowledge & understanding of the legal, practical and company safety requirements
* Ability to manage and maintain the subcontractors' level of productivity to that required under contract
* Ability to liaise with Subcontract management
* Understand and comply with the requirements of OP-90-00-007 Sub-contract Control
* Ensure that all subcontract operations under supervision are carried out in a safe manner free of risk to all.
* Liaise with Site Manager, Resident Engineer and Planning Engineer to gain full understanding of the scope of work, terms and conditions and commercial requirements of the subcontracts.
* Responsibility for the co-ordination, surveillance and monitoring of subcontractors under supervision.
* Responsible for the formal issue of all subcontractor work instructions for operations to be carried out, including any additional work not in the original work scope
* Ensure that all subcontract operations are carried out to the appropriate quality standards as set by the company quality systems
* Responsibility to establish methods and lines of communication with subcontractors
* Responsibility to liaise with subcontract management/supervision to ensure operations are completed to the required levels of productivity and in line with main programme requirements
* Monitor and evaluation of subcontractor performance.
* Review subcontracts against programme and report accordingly
* Facilitate development and implementation of subcontractor recovery programmes if any deviation to original programme occurs.
* Liaise between DB activities and subcontractor activities and manage / coordinate all interfaces.
* Audit subcontractor safety and quality performance and take action where necessary.
* Issue work instructions to subcontractors.
* Report upward on subcontractor performance.
* Handle variations to work scope and report accordingly.
* Check actual site progress against that claimed by contractor on claims / invoices to allow Commercial Engineer to approve valuation.
Job Reference: MH/15938
Closing Date: 25-Sep-2012