Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012
If you're a newly qualified accountant who is ambitous, driven and hungry for success then this is exactly the sort of opportunity you should be looking for...
Working for one of Edinburghs premier investment firms, this is a high profile, commercial and challenging accounting role that will give you financial control of several of the entities that make up the wider global group. This would give you the chance to present information to board level at monthly management meetings, building your profile at the highest level within the company and paving the way for future career progression.
Working in a team of 8 and with a large degree of autonomy (once youre fully trained up of course), your remit would include:
· Responsibility for the integrity of the P&L and Balance Sheet for a group of entities
· Performing key monthly analytics to aid internal management reporting, taking ownership of any issues identified and working with the entity management team to resolve these
· Production of regular board reports with supporting commentary around movements in the P&L and Balance Sheet
· Production of regulatory returns as well as annual statutory accounts under local GAAP
· Developing strong relationships with other parts of Finance and external auditors
· Actively searching for process improvements within the role and involvement in ad-hoc project work
We are looking for a newly or recently qualified CA (or equivalent) with experience of accounts preparation under UK GAAP and ideally some exposure to IFRS. The ideal fit would be someone from a mid tier practice background, with experience of Accounts Preparation as well as Audit work. You must be a confident communicator with a good grasp of the commercial aspects of accounting, and ideally were looking for an ambitious and career minded individual who wants to grasp this opportunity to get into a growing organisation and continue to develop within the role.
Job Reference: 62742
Closing Date: 25-Sep-2012
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments