Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 Sep 2012
BIS Salamis is a leading international services contractor with a proven track record of providing integrated, multi-disciplined support services and maintenance solutions to a range of clients, primarily in the energy, petrochemical, industrial and utilities sectors.
Our growing reputation for delivering the highest standard of service safely and efficiently stems from over 30 years experience providing a full range of fabric maintenance and integrity solutions to the offshore markets.
We are currently recruiting for a Cost Engineer/Analyst within our Commercial department.
The position holder will have a good working knowledge of cost engineering, financial management and business administration practices, preferably possessing a relevant degree or professional qualification or have at least two years experience working carrying out a similar role
· To produce cost reports, analysis, and forecasts in order to facilitate improved cost control / reduction, and support the Operations team in delivering workscopes within budget.
· To provide the client with ‘cost reports’ and ‘value of work done summaries’ in order to advise on progress against budgets, and also ‘forecasts’ of cost to completion.
· To provide advice and support to Business Delivery Managers regarding commercial aspects of managing contracts.
· To assist with the identification and management of contract variations.
· To provide visibility on Contract Financial Performance including the preparation of monthly management accounts
· To carry out audits & reviews as necessary, to assist with the identification and implementation of potential commercial improvements.
· To ensure suitable controls are in place in support of financial deliverables.
· To ensure compliance with company policies, processes and procedures related to the management of commercial aspects.
· In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the position holder is required to perform other duties as may arise in connection with the successful operation of the Company or assigned by Commercial Manager from time to time.
· To interface with Business Managers, Invoicing, Accounts, Procurement, Tendering.
· Devise an appropriate cost report format to meet the needs of the client and client agents, the project management team, and the wider management team.
· Produce weekly cost reports in order to inform clients, operations, and management of progress against budgets.
· Analyse any variances and advise the operations team of the reasons and any required actions e.g. revise estimates or request variation orders.
· Produce forecasts for individual workscopes and ensure these are updated to reflect any changes to the scope, duration or timing of the job.
· Provide the client and client agents with monthly ‘value of work done’ summaries, in order to highlight costs to date, uninvoiced costs to come, plus additional costs to complete the workscope.
· Collation of Contract Budgeting/Forecasting information & check on integrity of information provided to ensure dependability of information provided.
· To collate all relevant start-up information for jobs/phases and to set-up in company database.
· To facilitate inter-dept communication regarding start-up of new jobs/phases
· To study and familiarise oneself with relevant Contract Commercial Terms & Conditions and monitor to ensure compliance with these.
· To review all invoices for completeness & correctness prior to submission to Client.
· To assist in preparation of valuations on Fixed Price jobs.
· Assist in preparation and resolving claims.
· Submission of annual rates uplifts.
· Assist in re-negotiation of revised contract terms.
· Identification of areas of commercial weakness and assist in rectifying/improving such problems.
· Cross-sharing of ideas between different contracts to ensure lessons learnt from both positive and negative influences. (Export the positives to other areas/contracts and make recommendations to eradicate weaknesses).
· Assist in the standardisation of techniques and reporting mechanisms as far as is possible.
· Assist in preparing/reviewing the commercial element of Business Cases.
· Interface with Procurement Team on any project specific aspects that fall outwith Master Supplier/Sub-Contract Agreements (to ensure that optimum solution reached for the company).
· Assists in preparation of Financial element for Client reports.
· Monitor and provide feedback relative to KPI performance and highlight areas where improvement is necessary to optimise financial return.
· Deputise for Business Delivery Managers in relation to approval of ISRs.
· Assist in purchase v hire decision for equipment.
· Interface person for internal Accounts/Invoicing departments with regard to commercial issues.
· Review estimates or CTRs prepared by Operations
· Reconciliation exercises as required.
· Provides detailed analysis of completed projects to highlight areas of learning.
Closing date is Wednesday 26th September 2012.
Please click "Apply", attaching your CV and a covering letter, stating your availability and salary expectations.
For more information about BIS Salamis, please visit:
Closing Date: 26-Sep-2012