Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 Sep 2012
Shop Planner - Permanent - Rosyth
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with an exciting organisation at a key stage in their on-going growth and development.
To manage QEC/SSS/Commercial activities assigned to ES by providing the means to execute work, through planning, estimating and scheduling of tasks and to utilise and develop current systems and procedures, thus enabling these tasks to be carried out in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Build and maintain customer / supplier relationships.
* Populate and manage IFS for relevant work.
* Ensure accuracy of information received or issued.
* Produce and monitor KPI's.
* Establish schedules of work to support projects.
* Upkeep plans and schedules to reflect emergent work or changes to programme.
* In conjunction with production ensure progress is updated and monitored.
* Analyse and report on trends.
* Supply information to update labour forecast information.
* Supply delivery forecasts of activities whilst assessing and reporting on late deliverables against schedules.
* Liasing with purchasing, warehousing, production and others where applicable to ensure compliance to schedules to reduce risk to contracts.
* Liase with projects regarding budgetary control.
* Produce shop orders / work instructions in line with schedules.
* Be actively involved with the development of systems, processes and initiatives, current or proposed.
* Understand and operate where applicable norms database effectively and be proficient in producing estimates of work.
* Raise and seek solutions to technical queries whilst utilising EDLAF, WAF & feedback systems.
* Identify variations to contract, arrange for customer to agree remedial action together with scope of supply.
* Ensure variation accounts are opened in a timely manner.
* Raise emergent shop orders and ensure assist centres have budget allocated.
* Pre planning tasks - Assist in ensuring budgets are accurate and schedule and cycle times are achievable.
* Focus attention on value adding tasks and bottlenecks whilst eliminating waste.
* Assist in training and developing new or temporary staff.
* Possess drive, enthusiasm and determination.
* Confident with the ability to influence individual and group behaviour.
* Good communication skills.
* An ONC in the relevant trade as a minimum.
* A background in a constructive trade would be an advantage.
* Experience in computer use i.e. MS Office etc would be an advantage.
* Experience of IFS would be an advantage.
For further details on this fantastic role, please call Kevin Harper on 0141 272 7758.
Job Reference: Req/MT101058/5632663/213278
Closing Date: 03-Oct-2012