Vacancy posted: Thursday, 20 Sep 2012
We require a Cook to work alongside our Catering Manager to manage the preparation and all food for the Visitor Centre and any Event catering at the Falkirk Wheel.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Create and maintain cooking and cleaning regimes (daily, weekly, periodically etc.) for all areas of the kitchen in line with the Visitor centre’s quality philosophy.
- To ensure all aspects of the food preparation areas within acceptable standards.
- To recruit, train and line manage all staff required in the preparation of food.
- Prepare menus in advance in a regular and varied way.
- To prepare and present food to a high standard and quality.
- Ensure that all stock is ordered in line with business needs.
- Control all wastage in line with Company requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills:
- Previous supervisory experience
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills
- Knowledge / experience of health and safety legislation
- P&L competent – desirable but not essential.
The role is on a Full Time basis working varied hours on a rota basis.
Scottish Canals offer a wide variety of employee benefits, including competitive salary, contributory pension with Standard Life, 25 days annual leave rising to 30 after 5 years and a huge selection of retail / healthcare discounts.
To apply, please click on the apply button.