Vacancy posted: Friday, 21 Sep 2012
Aberdeen based international company with an Oil & Gas Division are looking to appoint an experienced Manager to join their business in the Bridge of Don.
This position requires a dedicated, experienced Manager with the drive and ambition to aspire excellence with the focus on delivery, their team and their career. You will be an outgoing, passionate and motivated leader with demonstratable experience in delivering results and leading a business from the front. You shall be responsible for a team of over 40 Engineers and co-ordinating their deployment to offshore projects and arranging all of their utlisisation, mobilisation and logistics.
The duties will Include but not be limited to:
· Ensure that HSE issues are addressed prior to the commencement of engineering work scopes and those lessons learnt from previous experiences are fully incorporated into planning
· Administer and liaise with client and the Contract Manager to ensure safe, cost effective planning and implementation of all inspection activities
· Manage a range of customer projects at any one time and take ownership of them from start to finish
· Assist client in activity planning and the costing of project activities
· Maintain accurate records for invoice preparation and for audit purposes
· Maximise project KPI potential where applicable
· Liaise with the client as to the most suitable method of inspection, drawing on companywide expertise as required
· Co-ordinate mobilisation and demobilisation of suitability qualified technicians to and from work sites for offshore and onshore projects.
· Ensure that proper risk assessments are in place for carrying out project activities.
· Prepare cost/time resources sheets where necessary to ensure utilisation is maximised
· Issue concise job instructions, making available information on procedures and specifications to be followed.
· Implement the new inspection system and associated process changes etc.
· Submit inspection reports in accordance with quality and schedule requirements
· Maintain and update certification database for online client access
· Manage competence and training requirements of inspection team with HR
· Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the company’s operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements.
You will work within the Management Team and manage a team three Administrators. The business has a culture where everyone embraces their responsibilities but equally they have a supportive environment that likes to work hard and play hard. It is an open, dynamic and friendly business that is driven and focused on results.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity and advance your career with this major player in the field please call Dawn Robertson on 01224 620440 or email your CV as soon as possible to email@example.com
Job Reference: UK672475:S1
About Hudson Aberdeen
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.