Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 25 Sep 2012
Bid Manager – Falkirk (with some UK travel)
HEROtsc have a new exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to join our Sales Team. As a Bid Manager you will be responsible for coordinating sales proposals for new and existing clients. Working with the rest of the sales team to understand the requirements of the bid, you will be responsible for managing the production of the proposal documentation.
As a Bid Manager, what kind of responsibilities will I have?
- Brief the wider business on new opportunities
- Assign actions and manage deadlines
- Ensure that all contributors to the proposal provide the right information on time
- Edit and produce proposal content
- Ensure that the final proposal is consistent, high quality and compelling
- Manage the bid library
- Improve the bid management process
- Maintain sales plans and status reports
As a Bid Manager, what skills & experience will I need?
- Business related degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional English writing skills
- Extensive experience at preparing PowerPoint presentations
- An understanding of sales/bid management process desirable
- Ability to translate detailed information into compelling “Executive Messages”
- Strong numeracy skills with ability to understand excel-based financial models
- Proven stakeholder management skills up to Director level
- Project or team management experience desirable
- Sales / marketing experience preferred
- Contact centre / customer service experience preferred
If you feel you have the necessary attributes, skills and experience required to fulfil this role please submit your application by applying online through the HEROtsc Intranet. In your application please include your evidence of the key skills required and why you feel you are the ideal candidate for the role.
Closing Date: 08-Oct-2012