Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 25 Sep 2012
V.Ships UK Ltd Finance Assistant Glasgow £21,000 plus benefits
You will assume responsibility for the day to day financial transaction processing which includes, but is not limited to, processing transactions through the multi-currency sales and purchase ledgers within the various business entities and processing of expenses, credit card, timesheets, petty cash and payments to suppliers.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
· To ensure that all sales ledger and purchase ledger transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner.
· Housekeeping the AP/AR ledgers where necessary.
· To ensure that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
· Various reconciliations including: supplier statements and entity bank accounts,
· Suggesting and implementing improvements to processing procedures.
· Prepare VAT and other statutory returns.
· Prepare intercompany monthly fund request.
· To assist the Finance Managers/Management Accountants with the month end process.
· Any other jobs that may arise from time to time that the Finance Assistant could be reasonably expected to perform
· Experience in a finance department and with data processing essential.
· Computer literacy: Experience of accounting packages, proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Work.
· Organised, methodical approach
· Excellent communication skills
Competitive salary and benefits which include non-contributory company pension, private healthcare and 25 days holiday.
Job Reference: SEATEC
Closing Date: 12-Oct-2012