Vacancy posted: Thursday, 27 Sep 2012
Due to internal expansion, I am looking to recruit an experienced Sales Consultant for our Michael Page Finance business in Edinburgh.
A recruitment consultant is responsible for helping employer's [clients] to recruit staff for job vacancies [candidates]. These vacancies can be permanent or temporary roles, and can range from junior level staff to managers and directors.
Recruitment consultants develop an understanding of their client's requirements, then identify potential staff (candidates) through existing contacts found on the Michael Page candidate data base or by advertising roles and taking the response. There is also headhunting (only in the case of executive search) which is traditionally used for high level roles. They assess candidates' skills through interviews, tests and background checks, then make recommendations to their client, which may also involve selling a candidate in for a role.
The recruitment consultant would then follow through the who recruitment lifecycle on behalf of the client by briefing candidates, setting up interviews, confirming meetings, taking client and candidate feedback, facilitating further meetings and interview format and when successful negotiation of offers.
Consultants also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities. Developing solid relationships with clients is integral to the role.
A recruitment consultant's role is demanding and diverse, involving:
• using marketing and business knowledge to extend company contacts;
• identifying and evaluating employers' recruitment needs;
• negotiating terms of employment;
• interviewing potential candidates.
In particular, typical work activities are likely to include:
• Sales canvassing (cold-calling) employers by telephone to establish new contacts and their recruitment requirements;
• documenting clients' details and vacancy requirements in a brief;
• clarifying and negotiating salary and benefits relating to the role;
• negotiating fees relating to work the consultant will undertake for the client;
• advertising posts appropriately - drafting and placing advertisements using a wide range of media
• reviewing applications, managing interviews and considering candidates and shortlists;
• maintaining candidate / client relationships once placed;
• collecting feedback from employers on the performance of candidates who have previously been placed with them;
• maintaining current records and personal data
Who we're looking for
Please apply if you have recruitment experience or sales / business development experience.
You must be able to work within a fast paced, target driven environment with a strong emphasis on building good working relationships on the phone
Previous recruitment experience would be beneficial but is not essential, but the successful candidate will have a proven sales, goal orientated background.
Michael Page Contact
For further info, apply or phone on 0131-243 2900. Job Ref: 13261718
Your application will be sent to Brooke Haldane.
Job Reference: mpsj13261718