Vacancy posted: Thursday, 27 Sep 2012
We have a excellent opportunity for a Management Accountant to work in a progressive organisation in Fife.
To support the Financial Controller by maintaining accurate contract profitability records and ensuring that any areas of risk and opportunity are highlighted in a timely manner.The job holder should be able to form key relationships with their peer group so that the contract review and forecasting process is rigorous and timely ensuring the accuracy of the formal month end and statutory accounts, forecasts and budgets.
- Understand the departments customer needs and in turn the customer service targets and enable your teams to achieve these
- Follow established business processes to achieve customer service targets and ensure these are understood across the team.
Business Plan Responsibilities:
- Understand and deliver the departmental business plans and goals
- Implementing the department’s improvement plan in order to increase efficiency for departmental systems, resources and procedures.
- Ambassador of company goals, values and behaviours
- Ensuring that safe working practices are met and in line with all legislative requirements
- Promoting the H&S agenda
- Highlighting departmental risks and hazards as identified and inputting to business process changes as appropriate.
- Sound theoretical accounting background (part qualified minimum)
- Numerate with sound spreadsheet and IT skills
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Be able to prioritise & work on own initiative
- Able to work to deadlines and the ability to multi-task
- Team player
Job specific responsibilities
- Maintain the Order Intake Forecast model
- Update Gross Margin & Forecast models
- Produce Management Accounts pack
- Co-ordinate Project Status Review process
- Update Project Status Review database and report on results
You must be CIMA qualified and have construction and/or manufacturing experience. You should be:
- Detail Conscious
- People Focused
- Team Player
Have the ability to deal effectively with senior management/executive level people proven people leadership skills as you will be managing a team of Finance Administrators and a Finance Team Leader. (one direct report for this person as the TL manages the team).
We are looking for someone who graduated a couple of years ago and is looking for their first senior role. Loyalty is key as they would like to devote time to developing their skills and building their expertise.
PLEASE NOTE – send a word CV only.
Due to the volume of response we are receiving to adverts we cannot guarantee that we will respond to your application
This position may be one of numerous opportunities we are handling that you could have an interest in pursuing. If you have not been in touch with us before please call us on 0845 270 2242 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure the most relevant consultant gets back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that we never send CV’s anywhere without your prior consent.
View all our jobs at www.blueprint-recruitment.co.uk
Blueprint Recruitment Limited offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Closing Date: 13-Oct-2012
About Blueprint Recruitment
Welcome to Blueprint Recruitment - Scotland's Premier Recruitment Agency specialising in Senior Management, Administration, Trades and Labour recruitment within the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing and Building Services markets