Vacancy posted: Sunday, 30 Sep 2012
An established timber frame contractor based in Glasgow is looking to appoint a Planner to join their team.
Reporting to the Planning Manager the role will incorporate the following duties:
- Use information to accurately plan customer delivery dates at forecasting and at detailed scheduling levels.
- Timeously and accurately input data to the ERP system to create demand in the system and midterm plans for design, manufacturing and construction.
- Provide accurate planning information to the business identifying any areas of risk or variance and report to your Line Manager.
- Working with factory/design/construction management and planners establish finite plans and manage/resolve conflicts in limited resource availability
- Provide accurate KPI information to your Line Manager
- Working closely with the relevant department’s co-ordinate and communicate project date information.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent IT and communication skills and be able to work well as part of a team and individually.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established business in their sector where the candidate will benefit from a competitive salary and benefits package comprising, car allowance, pension and life assurance.
Contract Scotland is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Job Reference: SJP/PJP/18339
About Contract Scotland
Contract Scotland, "The Right People for Construction Recruitment in Scotland".
Founded in 1990, Contract Scotland has operated in the Scottish construction industry for longer than any of our competitors. Providing Technical and Professional staff on a Temporary and Permanent basis, we are recognised for providing a high quality service and in the past 4 years Contract Scotland has won 10 awards including "Best Construction Recruitment Firm UK" and "Best Small/Medium Recruitment Firm to Work For" at the Professional Recruiter Awards in 2008 as well as obtaining REC Audited status in 2006.
All our Consultants are salaried professionals, not working on heavily incentivised commission schemes and are put through the Industry Standard exams (REC Certificate & Diploma) to ensure the high quality service we provide. Our temporary workers are treated like an extension of our work force and we will present permanent options that suits your situation and skills.