Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 3 Oct 2012
Independent Living Services (ILS) provides high-quality community based care services across Scotland, our staff are dedicated to supporting individuals to live as independently as possible.
Headquartered in central Scotland and with offices across Scotland, ILS has worked within local communities for over 10 years helping to make a real difference to people’s lives. We provide care to over 2,000 Service Users every day and have a devoted staff of 1,500 people who operate to the highest possible standards.
We have an exciting job opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant for a 6 -9 month contract to cover maternity leave. The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day processing of book keeping functions for ILS Group companies. This role will work closely with the Accounts Assistant (Accounts Payable), line manager and staff across the Group to ensure that all records are posted accurately, processes are effective, accurate, timely and that service delivery standards comply with all necessary legal, regulatory, quality and contractual requirements.
The post holder would be expected to support local management and the group finance function on all relevant areas and key issues. Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Ensure that all purchase invoices received are reviewed for completeness and accuracy, and reviewed and approved in line with purchase order system and contract terms.
- Investigate and resolve any issues raised that relate to accurate and timely processing of purchase invoices
- Manage the accurate and timely processing of payments and allocation to supplier accounts and all other creditor management functions as required.
- Management of the Creditors ledger ensuring clean accounts in line with audit requirements
- Monitor payments and ensure that they are effectively managed on a monthly basis
- Ensure accurate and up to date supplier details are maintained and all other relevant supplier account information is updated in core systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaise with suppliers accounts teams to ensure that good relationships are established and maintained and that invoices and credit notes are processed in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the set up of new supplier accounts, ensuring that all relevant data is collected and processed as required
- Support the investigation and resolution of supplier disputes and queries for all ILS group suppliers
A relevant accounting qualification or engaged in study and demonstrable experience in an accounts role is essential in addition to an ability to work to tight deadlines and a strong commercial awareness. Staff will receive continued training opportunities and ongoing career development in an exciting and expanding organisation.
This position is based at our office in Alva; however some travel may be required to other offices across the group.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Job Reference: AA/ Alva
Closing Date: 17-Oct-2012