Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 3 Oct 2012
Lusona are currently recruiting for a payroll / accounts assistant for an Edinburgh client.
This is a hands on position working in a small team and requires an experienced payroll/ accounts assistant with a solid understanding of both payroll legislation and general accounting.
- Experience of processing monthly/weekly/fortnightly payroll
- Working closely with HR and Finance staff
- Liaising with internal & external customers – managing technical queries to resolution
- Manual calculations – payroll elements & deductions (e.g., P45,SMP,SSP)
- Reconciling payroll accounts
- Managing employee expenses
- Adhering to payroll legislation and providing input into process improvements
- Assisting with monthly management accounts
- Journal entries
- Accounts payable – input, coding and reconciliations
- Accounts receivable – raising invoices, liaising with clients
- Credit control
- Ad-hoc finance and administrative duties as required
- Ideally CIPP qualified
- Up to date knowledge of payroll and benefits legislation – pensions, tax etc.
- Experience working in an all-round accounts / finance role
- A willingness to learn new tasks and be flexible and reliable
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to liaise with internal & external clients
- Good level of IT literacy familiarity with payroll and finance software packages
Please contact Lusona on 01315164333 for further information or apply below.
Job Reference: 10401
Closing Date: 15-Oct-2012
LUSONA was formed with one very clear aim as far as your professional career goes. We will consult, we will advise and we will implement YOUR plan. If you are reading this from the position of being able to offer careers to professionals, we again have one very clear aim. Strangely, it is exactly the same. Consult, advise and implement your plan. The fact is, that a successful career – and correspondingly a successful business – needs the objectives of both employee and employer to be almost symmetrical. LUSONA have been advising professionals and organisations in the legal and financial arenas for a very, very long time and there is never, ever a substitute for experience. We want to share the benefit of this experience with you. We want to be different. Inspirationally different.