Vacancy posted: Thursday, 4 Oct 2012
>> You have experience of budget preparation, monitoring budgets, and providing detailed financial information for non-financial managers. With a CCAB, or equivalent, qualification you also have strong IT skills, adaptability, and the ability to work on own initiative to a high level of accuracy.
>> You will have responsibility for preparing revenue budgets and annual accounts, monitoring and forecasting revenue budgets, reporting to the Principal Accountant and the appropriate budget holders, liaising with non-financial managers. You will also be involved in development of reporting systems and dealing with requests for information and completing returns required by government and other outside bodies.
>> This position is advertised as a 'flexible' post as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
Certain terms and conditions of service for this post may change under proposals to implement revised provisions, which the Council is currently consulting and negotiating on.
Interviews to be held on 30 October 2012
Informal Enquiries to: Sandra Ross, Principal Accountant Tel: 01224 665371 or Ross Brennan, Chief Accountant Tel: 01467 628210
>> To provide an effective, efficient and customer focused financial and management accountancy service. This will involve working within an accountancy team, to provide a comprehensive accountancy service, which will provide senior managers with the necessary financial and management information to meet the current and future needs of the service.
- Preparation of the revenue budget
- Preparation of budget monitoring statements
- Preparation of annual Statement of Accounts and associated statutory returns
- Production of management and other financial information
- Service Support
- Co-ordinate and direct the work of assistant accountants and senior clerical assistants
- Tasks specific to the service
- Maintain proper accounting records as required by the Director of Finance
- Liaison with internal and external audit as required
- Systems development
- Attendance at working groups and other meetings as required
- Deputising for Principal Accountant as required
- Completion of reconciliations
- Training in financial systems
- Any other work requested by the service of the Director of Finance
Job Reference: ABS014956
Closing Date: 19-Oct-2012