Vacancy posted: Thursday, 4 Oct 2012
Business Development / Residential Letting
Edinburgh – Salary dependant on level of experience
This is a fantastic and exciting opportunity for an exceptional and experienced senior lettings business development manager.
Our clients are a well established property company based in the city centre and are looking for a professional, articulate Property expert to successfully and proactively pitch for and WIN new business.
Essential Purpose of role:
You will be responsible for being proactive in pitching for and securing instruction of a wide variety of new letting business, both in terms of property and client. You will be required to work closely with and provide new stock for a busy and successful letting team. You will need to ensure immediate and continued growth in the managed portfolio and will be innovative in winning business in this competitive market.
· Your main role will be to pitch for and successfully win quality instructions for the residential letting team
· To visit the properties and assess their rental potential thereafter providing written reports to clients.
· To work closely with the letting team and to collect, and lodge accurate data.
· To have a sound knowledge and experience of the local letting market in terms of residential property investment and rental values and the regulations within it.
· You must have desire for accuracy and efficient processes and a drive to win business and to analyse your success.
· In particular your skills must include the ability to communicate well with a varied customer base and to respond to a variety of customer needs.
· A sound understanding of property construction would be an advantage
· You must be able to deliver under pressure and enjoy working with a lively team of letting and managing agents
· Must realise and exercise the need to collate and log accurate information to the database for letting agents and property managers as part of important team work.
Excelling in Client Care
· to ensure maintenance of customer service standards for clients, providing the highest standard of client care and satisfaction.
· Ability to provide excellent internal customer service support.
- Determination to develop procedures and systems to support planned business growth
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with good attention to detail and a systematic approach.
- Can prove ability to work efficiently in a busy environment under pressure to meet deadlines and still have a good sense of humour
- Demonstrate flexibility, able to multi task and thrive in a close team environment
- Can demonstrate a positive work ethic and a hands on approach to tasks
- Methodical and accurate with information systems
- Have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have full clean Driving License
Only candidates with a proven track record will be considered for this role.
Job Reference: JL/BL
About Jobs In Letting
Jobs In Letting is Scotland's premier agency for the property letting sector. All our staff have extensive property backgrounds and intimate knowledge of the companies we represent. Quite simply no other agency can match people to jobs in the industry with greater confidence of long term satisfaction to both candidate and client. Longevity of placements, as opposed to volume, is a key barometer of our success.