Vacancy posted: Thursday, 4 Oct 2012
Search Energy is working with our Key Client in the Utilities Industry to source a Project Manager for a 6-month secondment in Central Scotland.
In this job you will be accountable for the delivery of Water and Waste Water projects to the required scope and quality, time and budget of capital investment projects.
* Responsible for delivering assigned project/s in a safe and efficient manner, covering all stages of the project life cycle (conception to handover). This will be achieved by working with other members of the programme team in an integrated manner to ensure overall programme performance (including design, procurement, project controls and contract administration).
* Responsible for budget and output performance of assigned project/s and reporting to the Senior Project Manager (SPM).
* Prepare and submit standardised reports to the SPM that include, but not limited to, current status of: out-turn costs, milestone completion dates and timely resource demands.
* Accountable for the effective management of all aspects of the project life cycle including design, construction, commissioning and hand over to the Client, all in compliance with:
- agreed commercial criteria
- milestone dates including contract commencement and completion dates
- recognised water industry quality standards
- current Health and Safety legislation including CDM Regulation.
* Undertake the role of Planning Co-ordinator as defined by the CDM Regulations.
* Implement and maintain project procedures in a fully integrated and seamless manner.
* Contribute to a cohesive team environment thereby mitigating the potential for conflict and dispute, and maximising the team's ability to achieve cost and time benefits.
* Monitor performance of contractors and act where necessary in respect of both their project management and delivery.
* Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders: the client organisation (Asset Investment Management), the operator (Customer Services Delivery), unitary authorities, SEPA, the customer and the area management team.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to work in the UK without restriction, therefore candidates out with the EU that do not have a minimum Tier 1 Visa, coupled with demonstrable UK experince within a similar role need not apply.
In addition you will have the following Qualifications and Experience:
* Previous experience in similar role for management of complex projects. Minimum personal management scope of £5m per annum experience in project management with preference to the water and wastewater sector in United Kingdom.
* Previous experience working in a similar client orientated role.
* Experience of design/construction management.
* Experience of Contract Administration.
Knowledge / Skills:
* Demonstrate direct experience in managing and delivering portfolios of projects with an annual turnover, ideally greater than £5m. The preference is that this experience will have been gained in the water and wastewater sectors, but this is not essential.
* Demonstrable experience spanning all aspects of project management during design and construction including direct management of resources.
* Must possess an understanding of the concept and importance of partnering with a particular emphasis on strategic partnering. A proactive manager with leadership skills and the ability to build and maintain a strong and focused team effort.
* Excellent inter-personal skills. Be an effective communicator in both the written and oral medium.
* Proven ability to manage supply chain / contractors.
* Thorough understanding of the statutory Health and Safety regulations including CDM. Previous effective implementation of Health and Safety Regulations, systems and processes must be demonstrated.
* Knowledge and understanding of integrated computerised Reporting Systems including Primavera P6 and cost management systems.
* Sound understanding of the application of Engineering Forms of Contract including NEC3, and change control.
* Implements, maintains and controls project delivery procedures in a fully integrated and seamless manner.
To hear more about this vacancy, please contact Sara Zorriasatein on 0131 718 8022/ 07798901597. Alternatively email email@example.com
Job Reference: Req//216585
Closing Date: 07-Oct-2012