Vacancy posted: Thursday, 4 Oct 2012
Role: Project Accountant
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 pa
Application Recruitment is currently looking for an experienced Project Accountant to join our highly innovative and professional client. You will work closely with Senior Finance Management and Project Managers to produce budgets, forecasts, variance analysis, financial reports and monthly management accounts. You will have a very strong eye for detail and be a real ‘number cruncher’. You will maintain and update the Sun accounting system and will have advanced Excel skills, including the manipulation of pivot tables.
You will be working on International projects and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders globally. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to converse clearly and succinctly with overseas colleagues for whom, English may not be their first language, ensuring all data required is received in an accurate and timely manner. Prior experience of foreign currency and dealing with International funding applications would prove highly advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Projects – support & liaise with project staff as necessary providing project reports & analysis.
• Responsible for managing the budgeting and forecast process.
• Month end reporting – responsible for the production of monthly management accounts including drafting of narrative for Finance Report. Any other ad hoc reports.
• Funders – satisfy funder reporting requirements including reconciliation of projects by donor.
• Finance – assist with day to day transaction processing and monthly key account reconciliations
• Support implementation of processes and controls
• Assist with the preparation of audit information and liaise with external auditors as required.
• Support the Director of Finance and Finance Manager and ad hoc duties when required
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
• Accountant qualified by experience or part or fully qualified
• Detailed working knowledge of Sun systems version 5.4 (or later version) and Vision excel
• Proven project accounting experience
• Experience of management accounts, cash flow forecasting and budget production
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office especially Excel including pivot tables etc.
• Desirable: 1) foreign currency experience and 2) experience of delivering institutional funders requirements
For further details please forward your current cv and remuneration details to Tracey Exton at Application Recruitment email@example.com