Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012
Our client is setting up a new office in Edinburgh, and is looking for someone who is immediately available to begin with them, and work alongside both their Finance Manager and Finance Director.
The role will be stand alone for a period of time, as the Finance Manager is due to take a period of extended time away from the office. For this reason, we require someone very much technically sound and confident in their skills to hit the ground running.
The successful candidate will play a key role in assisting with financial reporting and
all bookkeeping and accounting functions.
The main duties within this position will include:
* Managing the purchase ledger function in line with company procedures
* Liaising with suppliers and customers
* Raising sales invoices
* Managing A/R and credit control
* Processing staff expenses and advances
* Processing payment runs incorporating BACS & international payments
* Preparing accruals and prepayments
* Updating cash flow and managing cash position
* Performing bank and debtors/creditors reconciliations
* Preparing quarterly VAT return
Experience of using Sage & Microsoft Office is essential.
Experience within an accounting or finance department environment is highly advantageous. Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.
Job Reference: MM-JAE-AA-GAO
Closing Date: 13-Oct-2012