Vacancy posted: Friday, 12 Oct 2012
We are looking for a graduate with 2/3 years work experince, preferably within the electronics industry.The Applications Engineer is responsible for the selection and use of Qualitrol products to satisfy customer application requirements. Main duties include, but are not limited to: technical support for customers and manufacturing, sales and product management support functions as appropriate, preparation of technical support documents.
1. Provide customer technical assistance for product questions and problems from the point of quotation request through post shipment and installation.
2. Provide assistance to the commercial team in terms of technical responses and guidance on quotations.
3. Research and determine product solutions. Initiate New Product models, derivatives, specials as necessary to meet agreed upon customer needs.
4. Be extremely proactive and customer responsive. Customer feedback should be positive regarding response quality and timeliness.
5. Document all product selection and product specification choices.
6. Support manufacturing by answering questions as required and trouble-shooting order related problems.
7. Analyze product failures and customer concerns. Assist in customer quality concerns. Generate reports and CQC’s as required.
8. Management of small and medium customer maintenance contracts and report on a monthly basis technical support activity related to Key Maintenance Contracts.
9. Provide internal and customer training on Qualitrol Products.
10. Travel in support of sales organisation will be required periodically.
11. Project management of customer issues from occurrence to resolution.
12. Any other duties as required.
· Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
· Foreign language skills an advantage
· High sense of urgency
· Customer service minded
· Good communication skills
· Result oriented
· High energy/enthusiasm
· Good presentational skills
Please apply stating salary expectations.
Job Reference: AE-10/10
Closing Date: 26-Oct-2012