Vacancy posted: Monday, 15 Oct 2012
Harmony Recruitment and Development Limited is Scotland’s leading recruitment agency specialising in sourcing talented individuals for the Welfare to Work Industry.
We are currently seeking applications for a Maternity Leave Contract staring at the beginning of November.
As part of a very small accounts team reporting to the Company Secretary you will be responsible for the following:
- To ensure that financial/accounting procedures in place are rigorously adhered to and liase with Company Secretary on potential systems improvements
- To ensure that all incoming invoices are coded to correct budget headings and cost centres, with accompanying Purchase Order or other approved supporting documentation attached.
- To reconcile purchase records with suppliers’ statementsTo correctly process, code and allocate sales invoices and receipts.
- Follow up all outstanding accounts in line with the company’s procedures.
- To accurately input sales and purchase ledger data onto the computerised accounting programmes, and in accordance with accounting timelines, and reconciling and finalising for transfers as appropriate.
- To process petty cash re-imbursements daily and reconcile in line with company procedures.
- To carry out random audits of petty cash held by operational and administrative staff to ensure cash handling is in line with company procedures and security processes are maintained.
- To process all cashbook transactions weekly, ensure banking is undertaken promptly, and, weekly, advise the Company Secretary on cash flow.
- To process supplier payments in line with company practice and procedures.
- To complete statutory records as appropriate.
- To analyse staff timesheets/work records, weekly and monthly, to prepare payroll data and input all, in liaison with the Company Secretary.
- To assist the Company Secretary with the completion of Trial Balance and Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Analysis.
- To complete all documentation to meet audit purposes and other statutory requirements.
- To prepare all financial analysis of accounts relating to European Projects, assisting in financial preparation of relevant applications.
- To ensure all accounting records are kept in a neat and ordered fashion, using computerised systems at all times.
The candidate should, ideally, be qualified to a minimum HNC level with experience of accounting applications and must be proactive and enthusiastic with a hands on approach.
The Accounts Assistant must have solid accounting knowledge, possess excellent numerate and analytical skills and be confident in using spreadsheets and word processing (Excel and Word), database, e-mail and the Internet. A sound practical knowledge of computerised accounting packages is essential, although training will be provided on the specific software used by the company.
The candidate must demonstrate the skills to prioritise, organise and manage their working day, be methodical and flexible in all aspects of their day-to-day activities as well as interact effectively with a diverse range of people. The Accounts Assistant must possess highly developed internal and external communication skills, both written and verbal. The candidate must have good inter-personal skills and possess the capacity to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team. The post holder must demonstrate personal responsibility, initiative and quality management in carrying out all the duties associated with the post. It is important to have an ability to rapidly acquire knowledge and fully understand the goals and organisational values underpinning the company.
To be considered:
Please submit your CV to Dawnm@harmonyrecruitment.co.uk or for a confidential chat please contact 01786 431498.
All applicants must obtain a Basic Disclosure on appointment.
** Please note that due to unprecedented interest in Harmony's vacancies we will not be able to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from one of our consultants within a week please regard your application as unsuccessful on this occasion **
Job Reference: HRD/AAML/PIP
About Harmony Recruitment
Harmony Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.