Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012
Travel 2 is one of the UK's largest long-haul tour operators and is recognised as a market leader for tailor-made holidays to Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Asia, Africa, Middle East, America, Canada and Latin America as well as for round the world travel. Travel 2 is a subsidiary of Stella Travel Services (UK) Limited.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Department to provide an in-house design service, creating artwork/marketing material that reflects Travel 2’s unique brand qualities; retaining brand awareness throughout and reflecting the specialist tailor-made virtues of the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with design experience looking to progress their career within an exciting, fast paced environment. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, able to work unsupervised using their own initiative, and be prepared to be a key team member as well as being able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
The role involves:
- Designing marketing pieces for print using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, checking proofs and producing print ready PDF’s.
- Designing, proofing and creating complete html files in Dreamweaver for marketing email blasts
- Designing and updating the Travel 2 website with current marketing campaigns, microsites, banners, splash pages, emails, e-newsletters, following the Travel 2 Brand Guidelines to create the right look and feel.
- Liaising with marketing and third parties (printers, developers, etc.)
- Researching, sourcing and storing images for Marketing purposes and ad-hoc requests.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and database problems.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Good working knowledge of Adobe CS5 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) Flash, Dreamweaver.
- Experience of using Mac OSX and Windows OS
- Experience of troubleshooting/resolving technical problems.
- Experience of brochure production.
- Creating PDF’s for print and an understanding of the print process/working to printers’ specifications.
- Good understanding of Typography
- Experience with UI
- Experience of FTP
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Ability to hand code HTML.
- Create CSS styles and style sheets.
This position is permanent, full-time, working between the hours of 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
If you feel you have the qualities and skills to succeed in this position, please forward your CV along with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suited to the role.
Please note that interviews will take place on 23 and 24 October 2012.
Closing Date: 22-Oct-2012