Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012
Our Client in Edinburgh is looking for a Scientist to join their team initially on a 9 Month contract , the hours will be 37 per week full time and the salary will start off at £15428.00 per annum.
Ideally the candidate will come form a Chemistry background and have a Chemistry degree although any other Science degree will be considered, someone who can demonstrate an inorganic chemistry background with along with knowledge in analytical chemistry who has worked in an UKAS accredited environment or in a GLP environment .
Main Purpose of Role
- To analyse samples within turnaround times and develop new Analytical methods.
- Role includes the validation and interpretation results to provide customers with information upon which they can base their actions.
- Sample preparation, analysis and data reporting in compliance with the Quality System and health and safety regulations, making judgements based on results obtained and providing the customer with interpretation.
- Scheduling and prioritising work within an individual process e.g. prioritising the samples to be put through pesticide analysis process.
- Maintenance of Quality Control system including updating method control charts. Ensuring compliance with documented methods including method witnessing and auditing / investigation.
- Supervision and training of new / junior staff as well as other analysts who are unfamiliar with particular analytical procedures.
- To develop or enhance methods of analysis with support from the Team Leader/Co-ordinator.
- Preparation of standards and quality controls. Responsible for ensuring that key solutions (consumables) are within date – stock control.
- Daily maintenance of specialist equipment e.g. stripping down equipment and rectifying commonly occurring faults e.g. changing components.
Closing Date: 23-Oct-2012
About Morson International
Morson International is the UK’s No. 1 technical recruitment company. Our dedicated recruitment consultants and our innovative staffing solutions have helped us become a global leader in the Technical Recruitment industry. Morson International recruit across a number of the technical industry’s most challenging sectors, including: Aerospace, Automotive, Marine, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Power Generation & Rail. We enjoy a number of successful, long-term partnerships with major ‘blue-chip’ clients, often being positioned as sole or preferred supplier. In many instances this is delivered on a Master Vendor basis where we act as the ‘Managing Agent’ controlling the entire recruitment process. Morson International, as a world-leading technical recruitment consultancy, follow one simple mission: ‘Excellence through Performance’