Vacancy posted: Thursday, 18 Oct 2012
Our client is the largest independent Scottish organisation within their sector; they are a family concern and pride themselves on traditional values of integrity and loyalty. They have significantly increased their annual turnover through new product ranges and by offering first class customer service to a number of well-known retailers throughout the UK.
Following an internal promotion they have a requirement for a Finance Manager to join their Team in Stirlingshire. Reporting to the Finance Director the Finance Manager will be responsible for:-
· Preparing weekly KPI’s and month end accounts
· Preparation of monthly management accounts (for both Group and Partnership)
· Compilation of schedules to enable completion of group accounts
· Managing the debtors and creditors ledgers
· Day-to-day management and motivation of a team of 6 finance and payroll staff
· Continuous review of systems, processes, procedures and controls to improve the on-going quality and efficiency of the finance team
· Implementation of stock control system and procedures
· Fixed Asset accounting (incl. asset register, depreciation journals and reconciliations)
· Recording and reconciliation of banking, payments and cash transactions
· Accurate and timely submission of monthly VAT returns
· Product costing
· Preparation of category profitability reporting for multiple customers
· Assisting with any ad hoc finance projects as required
The successful candidate will be a Part Qualified or Qualified Accountant with knowledge of financial and management accounting in a SME, candidates taking their first step in to Industry from an Accountancy Firm will also be considered. For further information please contact our Retained Consultant John McPhail on 01698 440321.
LUSONA was formed with one very clear aim as far as your professional career goes. We will consult, we will advise and we will implement YOUR plan. If you are reading this from the position of being able to offer careers to professionals, we again have one very clear aim. Strangely, it is exactly the same. Consult, advise and implement your plan. The fact is, that a successful career – and correspondingly a successful business – needs the objectives of both employee and employer to be almost symmetrical. LUSONA have been advising professionals and organisations in the legal and financial arenas for a very, very long time and there is never, ever a substitute for experience. We want to share the benefit of this experience with you. We want to be different. Inspirationally different.