Vacancy posted: Friday, 19 Oct 2012
Deanston Cooper is recruiting for an Engineer to work for the consortium who have been appointed to design and construct a new cable stayed bridge over the Firth of Forth (Rosyth, Scotland) together with new road connections both north and south of the estuary. The contract is worth £790 million, and the new bridge is scheduled for completion in 2016.
Working as part of the Cable Stay Bridge Superstructure team duties include:
• Subcontractor/Supplier procurement
• Design reviews for constructability
• Works planning (long span bridge and structural steel experienced preferred)
• Programming (MS Project or Primavera experience required)
• Managing CAD Technicians in method drawing production (AutoCAD experience would be advantageous)
The person will meet the following requirements:
• Significant demonstrable experience in a similar role
• Experience working on a large scale bridge, or similar complex infrastructure project would be advantageous
• Experience erecting and planning temporary works is essential, with design in steel erection an advantage
• International experience would be helpful
• A minimum of a BEng/BSc in Civil Engineering is expected, an MEng and Chartered status would be advantageous
Excellent salary and benefits on offer plus relocation is available.
About Deanston Cooper
Deanston Cooper is a market leading consultancy providing recruitment and career management services to the Construction, Renewable Energy and Environmental sectors throughout the UK.
The company was started through a strong belief that even in today’s overcrowded marketplace there was an opportunity for a different type of consultancy. One that operates with honesty and integrity, whilst having the knowledge, skills and credibility to guarantee success. For our clients this means being able to attract, recruit, retain and develop the best possible talent. For our candidates it’s making sure their next career move is the right move.
We made our Mission: “Determined to be different”
And we have been behaving differently ever since.