Vacancy posted: Friday, 19 Oct 2012
Deanston Cooper’s client is the UK's leading renewable energy consultancy providing technical advisory services in renewable energy, power generation and transmission, including wind, wave, hydro and bio energy. Due to continued growth and demand for their services they are currently seeking a Construction Manager to lead the Implementation Team based in their rapidly expanding Glasgow Office.
- Responsibility for the delivery of multi-disciplinary Technical Advisor projects to time, budget and client satisfaction
- Line management of a team of project managers and project engineers
- Training, mentoring and performance development of team members
- Co-ordination of renewable energy consulting projects during development and construction in the UK and overseas
- Co-ordination and leadership of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Reporting on projects internally and to clients
- Managing subcontracted consultants where required for specific projects
- Supporting business development activities such as preparing project proposals and meeting potential clients.
- Continuously monitoring work to ensure QSE compliance.
- Conducting project site visits in the UK and overseas.
Applications are welcome from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Degree qualification in an engineering discipline or similar
- Experience of procurement, contracting and financial close process for large-scale renewable energy projects
- Significant postgraduate experience and a proven track record in project engineering / project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques including program / budget / risk management
- Ability to line-manage highly-skilled people
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports to predefined deadlines
- Strong client-facing skills and confident communicator with smart appearance
- A high level of problem solving ability and initiative
- Attention to detail, reliability and good organisational skills
About Deanston Cooper
Deanston Cooper is a market leading consultancy providing recruitment and career management services to the Construction, Renewable Energy and Environmental sectors throughout the UK.
The company was started through a strong belief that even in today’s overcrowded marketplace there was an opportunity for a different type of consultancy. One that operates with honesty and integrity, whilst having the knowledge, skills and credibility to guarantee success. For our clients this means being able to attract, recruit, retain and develop the best possible talent. For our candidates it’s making sure their next career move is the right move.
We made our Mission: “Determined to be different”
And we have been behaving differently ever since.