Vacancy posted: Saturday, 20 Oct 2012
Job Title: Scientist (Molecular Biologist)
You will be responsible for a team of scientists within the Centre of Lifescience Technology (CLT) Group to implement and continue to develop antibody based technologies. This will include a broad experience, selection and screening approaches using phage display and/or whole antibodies to antibody programs for therapeutics or diagnostics. Ideally these skills will be complemented with project management experience. You will be expected to work collaboratively and contribute to the identification assessment and prosecution of diagnostic based projects.
The successful candidate will be PhD qualified in Molecular biology / Immunology with several year experience either gained from industry or academia. You will also possess the following skills.
· Demonstrated ability to conduct research projects.
· Strong knowledge and demonstrable competence in molecular biology will be an asset.
· A broad and thorough knowledge of the immunology, molecular biology and biochemistry of phage display in the context of antibody therapeutics/diagnostics.
· Requires the ability to conduct and manage all aspects of phage display and screening of therapeutic/diagnostic antibodies.
· Experience of the commercial sector will be an asset.
· Those who are skilled in nurturing teamwork and collaboration are encouraged to apply.
· Project Management Experience.
· Strong inter-personal skills are required as are excellent. verbal, written and presentation abilities.
Other desirable attributes include superior problem solving skills, strong motivation and high levels of organisation
Please apply online or for more information call Paul on 0141 332 9060
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.
SRG, winners of the Recruitment Professional Awards 2011 'Best Company to work for' and 'Best People Development Business' awards, and the only "highly commended" company in the Annual Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2011, for 'Best Small Recruitment Agency to Work For'.
Job Reference: 27752
Closing Date: 22-Oct-2012