Vacancy posted: Saturday, 20 Oct 2012
The role will play a key and pivotal part in a newly established team, with in the larger and established Finance function. The Business Analyst will use their financial experience in order to provide decision support as well as to challenge the same.
* Co-ordination of assumptions underpinning business review process
* Consolidation and creative presentation of information
* Preparation of timetable, tools and templates to support business review and financial planning processes
* Working closely with business analysts and assumption owners to ensure information delivered on a timely basis and appropriately reviewed
* In conjunction with business functions, perform investment appraisal calculations and provide opinion on outputs.
* Provide analysis on cross functional initiatives
* Assist in preparation of "what if" analysis for commercial and contractual scenarios
* Review existing methods of gathering information/ performing analysis and consider opportunities for improvement
* Prototype changes in test environment for management reports and analysis tools
* Practical application of UK/US GAAP
* Practical application of IFRS
* Specialisms in specific technical areas
* Process mapping skills/ Visio advantageous
* Advanced Excel skills
This will be the ideal role for someone who is looking to balance financial analysis with the opportunity to influence decision making within the company.
If you have this type of experience, please apply via this advert.
www.badenochandclark.com - Let's find the career that connects with your life.Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.
Job Reference: 427442
Closing Date: 23-Oct-2012
About Badenoch and Clark
Badenoch & Clark, an MPS Group International company specialise in providing temporary, contract, interim and permanent recruitment solutions for Social Housing, Accountancy and Finance and Audit from our Edinburgh office. We recruit into the Public and Not for Profit Sectors, Commerce and Industry and Financial Services throughout Scotland. Established in 1980 we have grown into a network of 19 offices across the UK and Europe.