Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 24 Oct 2012
The Miller Group is the award winning Housebuilding, Property Development and Construction business.
Miller Homes is an integral part of The Miller Group. We operate from 8 geographical regions across the UK. With an award winning reputation for innovation and customer focus and as the recipient of many industry awards we are exceptionally proud of our reputation for quality and customer satisfaction.
A vacancy has arisen for a Finance Trainee based within the Divisional Finance Team in our Head Office based in Edinburgh Park. Reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller the successful candidate will liaise with the area finance teams and Miller Group in the preparation of the Miller Homes financial reporting requirements.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Preparation of consolidated month end management accounts and ancillary schedules to meet deadlines
- Assistance in the preparation of monthly FD report
- Resolution of month-end queries with regional finance teams and Miller Group Finance
- Co-ordination of regional finance teams in month end and quarterly forecasts
- Preparation of consolidated quarterly forecast reporting schedules
- Co-ordination and preparation of Statutory Financial Statements with external auditors
- Co-ordination and preparation of Tax Returns/Computations with external tax advisors
- Assistance in the co-ordination of yearly external audit process
- Assistance with Internal Audit process of regional finance and sales teams
- Consolidation of weekly cash flow reporting
- Consolidation of weekly sales reporting
The successful candidate will have the following capabilities and qualifications:
- Finance graduate or a relevant graduate discipline seeking professional accountancy qualification, (ACCA)
- Excellent MS Excel skills (including use of Pivot tables, v-lookups, ‘If’ statements)
- Ability to undertake national travel as the role requires
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to train for a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA).
How to apply:
Please apply by submitting your curriculum vitae and covering letter stating your reasons for applying to the HR Department. Your CV or covering letter must contain the following information:
- Current or most recent salary
- Notice period (if applicable)
- University degree qualification(s) and result(s)
- Higher education (school/college) qualifications and results
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 6th November 2012
The Miller Group is an equal opportunities employer and has Investor in People (Silver) status.
'We are committed to Equal Opportunities and actively encourage applications from disabled people. Disabled applicants will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the job.'
Closing Date: 06-Nov-2012