Vacancy posted: Friday, 2 Nov 2012
1 year contract
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to lead the statutory and financial control team within an Edinburgh based financial services company. You will have responsibility for the financial statements of over 150 legal entities in line with regulatory requirements whilst heading up the team in Scotland. This role will start in January.
You will be a fully qualified accountant with experience of managing and developing large teams, with strong experience of managing and preparing statutory accounts. The role will suit a professional with high standards and the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the statutory reporting team and Edinburgh financial control team ensuring delivery dates are met.
- Reviewing and signing off statutory financial statements for medium to complex companies.
- Ensure the financial control team meets its BAU deliverables.
- Identify weaknesses in statutory accounts preparation and financial control processes and work with statutory reporting and financial control managers to ensure these weaknesses are mitigated through the improvement of processes and procedures.
- Manage and deliver financial control/statutory reporting projects in addition to group led projects.
- Engage fully with other Senior Managers within the department, briefing and liaising with them as required.
- Hands on workload management, development and motivation of colleagues, to maintain a high performing team.
Job Reference: CAG101835
Closing Date: 09-Nov-2012