Vacancy posted: Friday, 2 Nov 2012
SWIIS urgently requires on behalf of a leading child care agency in Scotland Enhanced Professional Foster Carers to provide a healthy, stimulating, safe environment for vulnerable young people in the Central Scotland area.
We are recruiting for professional foster carers in the Central Scotland Area to work as part of a new team to look after some of Scotland’s most troubled young people in your own home. Successful applicants will have experience of working with vulnerable young people, preferably hold a relevant qualification in care, social work or related discipline or have the ability to achieve such a qualification. You will be committed to improving the life chances of young people and suitable accommodation available in your home.
Enhanced foster carers will work as part of a professional team which includes social work and educational support, psychological assessment and therapeutic intervention. Carers will be supported intensively in their work and will receive a weekly fee and allowances commensurate with the skilled nature of the role.
SWIIS is a provider of quality services, led by people who have extensive knowledge of the health and social care industry and the needs of the different sectors within which we work.
SWIIS offers all workers full continuous professional training, dedicated consultant and 24 hour on-call support, and flexible working opportunities to meet individual workers’ requirements within their skill sectors.
- Competitive Professional Fee.
- Free mandatory and service-specific training*.
- Ongoing professional update maintenance.
- Excellent out-of-hours management support.
- To provide a safe, caring, nurturing environment
- To help each child to recognise and overcome factors which have led to him/her being looked after, and in order that he/she may achieve his/her potential
- At least 1 year of recent experience in a child care environment.
- At least 1 main carer must be able to be at home on a full time basis
- To be able to provide a stable and settled home environment
- To be able to provide an available bedroom
- To be able to be available at short notice to meet the needs of the child or young person
- Understanding and knowledge of the issues faced by children and young people who have experienced trauma in their lives.
- Commitment to the care and well-being of children and young people.
- Strong leadership skills who can work as part of a team of professionals
- Provide a Current enhanced PVG or to complete one.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Qualification in Child Care or related field
- Must be able to undertake further study and training
- Car driver or a willingness and ability to travel on a daily basis.
- Creative approach to empowering children and young people to achieve their goals.
If you have the skills, attitude and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today. Please submit an up-to-date CV detailing a full employment and study history.
SWIIS is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. SWIIS is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not received a response from us within 14 days, please assume that you have not been successful in your application.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Job Reference: GLA-EFC-SCT-S1