Head of FinanceVacancy posted: Monday, 19 September 2016
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent benefits including bonus
Closing date: 03 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 13756065/001
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Head of Finance will assist in managing the day to day running of the finance function and the individual business units. The Head of Finance will liaise closely with, and provide support to, the Director of Finance, the Chief Executive and Treasurer. The role holder will attend Board meetings and other development committees as appropriate.
An historic non for profit organisation that has supported it's circa 20,000 members across the world since its creation. The office in Edinburgh prides itself in supporting the organisation to the best of their ability and takes great pride in their achievements over the years. The finance function is a massive part of this success.
The Head of Finance, reporting into the Finance Director in Edinburgh will have the following responsibilities:
- Advising the Director of Finance, senior managers outside of finance on financial affairs.
- Preparing the Annual Budget and managing a budget control system to proscribe, measure and control income and expenditure of the various Departments.
- Preparing the Annual Accounts to final stage, including all support schedules, for presentation to the auditors.
- Assist the Director of Finance in supporting and advising Directors in the preparation of business plans for new initiatives ensuring accuracy and value management.
- The Head of Finance will attend Board meetings and other committees as appropriate.
- Leading and developing a of 6 in the following:
- Production of monthly Management Accounts and other Financial Reports as required by the Director of Finance, Chief Executive and liaising with Managers for periodic forecast outturn figures.
- Monitoring debtors, creditors, bank reconciliations and control accounts.
- Managing the s banking arrangements.
- Managing the monthly transfer of payroll data.
- Managing the money purchase pension scheme.
- Managing the auto enrolment responsibilities.
- Developing the overall operational effectiveness of the organisation.
- Optimising and developing the use of the accounting system.
- Ensuring effective internal financial control and system security.
- Advising on VAT, gift aid and administering legacy tax reclaims.
- Contributing to the management of the property portfolio to maximise return.
The Head of Finance should have the following:
- Hold a relevant Accountancy qualification
- Successful track record in financial management at a Senior level in a previous organisation
- Business and commercial management including profit and loss responsibility and delivery within budget
- Experience of improving financial performance through effective budgeting, performance management and forecasting processes
- Accountable team leadership and building effective internal and external networks
The candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package with the non for profit sector.
|Contact Name||Murray Robertson|
|Telephone||+44 131 243 2900|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist