Audit ManagerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 20 September 2016
Job ref. no.: UK749154
Hudson’s client are looking for an experienced auditor who will be responsible for supporting the Head of Audit (HoA) and Senior Audit Manager (SAM) in delivering an independent and objective risk-based service designed to systematically evaluate and improve the risk management, control and governance processes of the business.
The Audit Manager will support their SAM through leading and delivering their allocated audit assignments through the planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up stages with minimal supervision.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of high quality (complete, accurate and timely) IA reporting for presentation to governance committees through appropriate planning, resource management and quality assurance.
- Manage the KPI’s both operationally and for reporting purposes
- Review, suggest and deliver continuous improvements to the reporting process, structures and content
- Maintain and develop, as required, the existing templates for Audit department reporting
- Support the SAMs to report the results of IA Risk activities to the Bank's Executive Committee and the Audit Committee, and to provide a Bank-wide view of specific areas of concern and any themes relating to risk and control
- Maintain the Internal Risk Register and manage completion of the associated action plans
- Carry out regular control testing for the department and agree appropriate remediation action plans and manage through to completion
- Take responsibility for completing the functional RCSA on a timely basis
- Develop and proactively manage and maintain an annual schedule of events and activities for the Audit team, ensuring all activities are completed on time
- Manage the audit schedule and ensure it is accurate and up-to-date
- Identify actions required from minutes of key Committees, and ensure timely resolution
- Manage the on-going Quality Assurance process, including timing of reviews and co- ordination between the IA team and the QA provider, including analysis and reporting on outcomes
- Horizon scan for changes to Regulations, Codes or Standards that govern Internal Audit practices and identify areas requiring action or monitoring
- Maintain, co-ordinate and provide oversight of the Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP)
- Identify areas of improvement for inclusion in the CIP as appropriate
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Strong experience in risk based auditing or risk and control activities in financial services
- Operational or audit experience of financial products and their associated processes within financial services
- Demonstrated experience in managing business relationships;
- Experience in undertaking audit assignments across the front and back offices of a financial services business;
- Experience of building, developing and maintaining audit methodologies and frameworks;
- CMIIA, ACCA, CA or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Kevin McLaren in our Edinburgh office.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Kevin McLaren|
|Telephone||+44 131 555 9861|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist