Audit ManagerVacancy posted: Thursday, 22 September 2016
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Closing date: 29 September 2016
Job ref. no.: CHRAM
My client is currently seeking an Audit Manager to take up a permanent position in their Edinburgh offices. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading financial organisation that is going through a period of growth.
This position will play a pivotal role in the internal audit function and provide business support / assurance on risk management and control processes as they relate to customer, financial or reputational risk. Delivering an independent and objective risk-based IA service - evaluating and improving risk management, control and governance processes; leading and delivering allocated audit assignments through planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up stages.
- Co-ordinating the delivery of high quality (complete, accurate and timely) IA reporting for presentation to governance committees.
- Managing collation of key inputs to all Audit reporting, MCR updates, business inputs for Audit Committee, identifying trends and themes, collation of stats for reports and calculation of KPIs
- Understanding the business context and reporting objectives and content with the SAMs / HIA, including any issues or concerns;
- Liaising with the team to confirm that planned timescales for the report production are viable;
- Escalating issues and presenting regular updates to senior stakeholders
- Drafting reports for review, challenge and approval; including appropriate commentary of themes and trends
- Issuing finalised reports to recipients.
- Creating new templates resulting from continuous improvement activities and feedback from stakeholders
- Ad-hoc reporting
- Managing KPI's both operationally and for reporting purposes
- Reviewing, suggesting and delivering continuous improvements to the reporting process, structures and content
- Maintaining and developing existing templates for Audit department reporting
Risk Management Processes
- Supporting Senior Stakeholders in reporting results of IA Risk activities to the Executive Committee and the Audit Committee, providing a Bank-wide view of specific areas of concern and any themes relating to risk and control
- Maintaining the Internal Risk Register, managing completion of the associated action plans
- Conducting regular control testing for the department and agreeing appropriate remediation action plans and manage through to completion
- Taking responsibility for completing the functional RCSA on a timely basis
- Developing and proactively managing / maintaining an annual schedule of events and activities
- Managing the audit schedule and ensure it is accurate and up-to-date
- Identifying actions required from minutes of key Committees, and ensure timely resolution
- Managing on-going Quality Assurance processes, including timing of reviews and co- ordination between the IA team and the QA provider, including analysis and reporting on outcomes
- Horizon scan for changes to Regulations, Codes or Standards that govern Internal Audit practices and identify areas requiring action or monitoring
- Managing the IIA Code Compliance for the Audit function, ensuring that the team understands the requirements and provide oversight that the function is compliant.
- Maintaining the Internal Audit Manual, including identification and development of any activities required to support audit methodology
- Managing and overseeing the training requirements for the function
- Overseeing completion of Appraisals and PDR process
- Maintaining, co-ordinating and providing oversight of the Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP)
- Identifying areas of improvement for inclusion in the CIP as appropriate
- Delivering individual aspects of the CIP as required
- Leading or supporting in the delivery of Ad Hoc Department projects
- Supporting billing activities for the function
- Ensuring correct processes are followed to make payments timely and accurately
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships within the business whilst supporting the ongoing development of industry, legislative and regulatory knowledge;
The successful candidate will ideally be working in a similar role or alternatively possess strong experience in risk based auditing or risk and control activities in financial services.
- Operational or audit experience of financial products and their associated processes within financial services
- Demonstrated experience in managing business relationships
- Experience in undertaking audit assignments across the front and back offices of a financial services business
- Experience of building, developing and maintaining audit methodologies and frameworks
- CMIIA, ACCA, CA or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of retail banking businesses
- Excellent Influencing and negotiation capabilities
- Strong focus on results, and drive to meet or exceed standards, both personally and when delivering through others
If you feel that this opportunity is the right one for you then please apply now for a full job spec and to discuss further.
|Contact Name||Chris Halliday|
About Sanderson Recruitment Plc
Sanderson is the largest company within RSG and has a trading history going back over 30 years. Sanderson specialises in the recruitment of permanent, contract and interim resource for a variety of clients across the UK.
Built on the thriving IT jobs market, Sanderson also operate a variety of emerging market sectors, including Finance, Business Change and Transformation, HR and Procurement, Marketing & Communications and Engineering.
Sanderson employs around 50 consultants who are structured into vertical market delivery teams, ensuring each has expert knowledge of the industry they are working in. Their relationship-based approach ensures that they are speaking with relevant professionals on a daily basis and building high quality talent pools.
Sanderson has developed long term partnerships with many of its core customers which include Zurich Financial Services, Lloyds and AXA.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist