TAX MANAGER (Asset Management)Vacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Salary: Not disclosed
Closing date: 30 September 2016
Job ref. no.: 8924
Core-Asset Consulting's client, a global investment firm in Edinburgh, has a new opportunity for a Fund Tax Manager, to join its team on a permanent basis. In this role you will be providing a blend of both advisory and tax compliance for all funds and products globally and developing your direct reports locally while playing a key part in a global team.
- You will be responsible for providing tax advisory and tax compliance services to funds domiciled and/or distributed in the EMEA region.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the local tax team and is responsible for the review and sign off of various tax work papers, calculations and other deliverables from the Global Fund Tax Department.
- As needed, the Tax Manager performs complex tax analyses, calculations and other determinations in support of the funds and their shareholders.
- Partner with the local Global Fund Tax Department team members to ensure work is progressing and deliverables are met.
- Work closely with managers in other business units (e.g. Fund Accounting, Reporting, Investment Operations, etc.).
- Responsible for the training of team members and for the monitoring of the control environment in which the Global Fund Tax Department operates.
- Manage members of the Global Tax Department and must be able to provide guidance, feedback, coaching and leadership to local staff members. At times, team members may work in remote regional locations and therefore the successful candidate must be able to work and lead others in a virtual environment.
- Interact on a regular basis with key business partners to ensure that appropriate tax calculations and requirements are met.
- Recognised Tax, Legal and/or Accountancy qualification
- Experience managing a team and conducting appropriate training
- Strong technical research, analysis and writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to present complex tax issues in a succinct and understandable manner to departmental management and key business partners
- Good managerial skills with an ability to manage multiple activities, resources, projects and responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
Job reference: 8924
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
|Contact Name||John Docherty|
|Telephone||0131 718 4600|
About Core-Asset Consulting
Core-Asset Consulting is an independent recruitment company specialising in the Investment Banking and Financial Services markets throughout Scotland. Established in 2005, we have expanded considerably, whilst maintaining our reputation as a boutique recruiter.
Our recruitment approach is based on service not sales, and quality in everything we do is our primary focus. Our philosophy is to create long-term results based on understanding the needs of our clients and candidates. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver a premium level recruitment service, and work in close partnership with clients and candidate alike to tailor the most effective recruitment strategies. As a result, many companies now consider us their number one Scottish based recruitment partner.
Dedicated to helping our people achieve their potential, we promote a culture of teamwork, personal responsibility and initiative.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist