Senior Auditor - Data Governance & AnalyticsVacancy posted: Friday, 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: UK749494
Hudson’s global client requires a finance professional who can lead and conduct audits and provide technical expertise within the Data Analytics Audit team. You will provide risk and control consultancy to aligned businesses in the group as well as provide insights and expertise whilst developing constructive working relationships with colleagues in a range of business functions.
We are building analytics and data capabilities that:
- Enhances confidence in our audit work, and the integrity of business data,
- Allows us to better assess the impact and root causes of issues identified,
- Enables us to create greater insight into the risks and controls of the business, and
- Improves the efficiency of all aspects of GIA’s assurance activity.
Educated to degree level, with relevant experience or professional qualifications, you should bring a track record of problem solving, delivering data driven reporting / understanding / insight, auditing and influencing action for change. You will be able to demonstrate an ability to see connections and to position information in a strategic context.
You will report to the Audit Manager (Data Analytics), leading data specific audits and sharing technical expertise across GIA, whilst overcoming demanding timescales and operational challenges. You will build knowledge and contribute to the development of Data Governance and Analytics, enhancing GIA’s talent and capabilities.
Audit Planning and Delivery
- Effectively applying GIA’s risk-based planning methodology, support the Head of Audit/Data Analytics Audit Manager and the wider GIA leadership team in developing, monitoring, resourcing and continuously evolving, an overall audit plan for aligned BUs/audit themes that is flexible and responsive to the changing business environment
- Own and deliver an assigned portfolio of data audits, ensuring that:
- Assigned audits are carefully planned and researched using a risk-based approach to ensure scope and objectives are clear,
- Audits are executed efficiently in line with budgeted effort and timescales and to a high standard, fully in accordance with GIA’s audit methodology,
- Audit report produced for stakeholders highlighting findings clearly and concisely and detailing recommendations for appropriate improvement actions,
- Audit findings communicated effectively to business management in a clear, constructive and accurate manner to mitigate risk (in conjunction with Audit Manager on complex audits),
- Follow-up of audit findings conducted on a timely basis to ensure the business has implemented changes within agreed timescales and to agreed standards
- Work collaboratively with other assurance and risk control functions to ensure a co-ordinated, consistent approach to risk management is adopted.
Aligned Business Units / Audit Themes - relationship and knowledge management
- Support the Head of Audit/Data Analytics Audit Manager in building credible, partnership-based, relationships with key stakeholders in aligned BUs and other assurance functions
- Act as a focal point for building knowledge of data across GIA, using this knowledge to inform the effective targeting of GIA effort to key business risks
- Develop and maintain an understanding of varied and complex data objectives across the business
- Identify the root cause of control errors and recommend practical solutions to adequately and effectively solve internal control weaknesses
- Influencing, working and developing relationships with management to help overcome any resistance to audit findings and recommendations
- Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent)
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to deliver and lead audits
- Proven ability to manage and identify risk
- Knowledge of specific regulations, legislation, governance and compliance
- Strong analytical background
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Kevin McLaren in our Edinburgh office.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Kevin McLaren|
|Telephone||+44 131 555 9861|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist