Financial Services Auditor - EdinburghVacancy posted: Saturday, 7 January 2017
Salary: Attractive salary and benefits
Job ref. no.: JID598
Our Big 4 client's Edinburgh’s Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and they are expanding their teams. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
We’re looking for talented, qualified and nearly qualified auditors with and without financial services experience to work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team.
If you don’t have a financial services background, our client's Conversion Programme will equip you to move into this exciting and dynamic industry. They will provide world-class training, development and coaching to support your transition and build your CV as a financial services professional.
As an auditor, your main aim will be to provide independent verification of compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you will play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protect the financial markets.
As an audit professional you will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to your clients as they respond to regulatory reform, manage the capital life cycle and improve business operations.
What you will do:
- Take ownership for the delivery of high quality audit work for clients in the financial services sector such as Banking or Asset Management.
- Perform audit procedures in complex areas, developing your technical competence.
- Deliver excellent service, as the primary day-to-day contact for the client.
- Supervise the execution of technical audit areas.
- Demonstrate professional scepticism and compliance within risk management and independence policies.
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks, related financial reporting matters and applying a Global Audit Methodology to perform engagements in accordance with auditing and assurance standards
- Develop yourself and others through both seeking and offering on-the-job coaching and knowledge sharing.
- Challenge yourself to use new audit approaches, tools and enablers and drive efficiencies through effective project management.
- Build strong credibility through displaying relevant insight and business acumen in discussions with clients and applying technical competence.
- Build relationships across other service lines and seek opportunities to work together for the benefit of clients
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Proven experience in delivering external audit
|Contact Name||Luke Rodwell|
|Telephone||0131 300 0635|
|Address||13 Atholl Place
About Talent Focus Executive Search
Talent Focus Executive Search (www.talentfocus.co.uk) partners with its clients to identify and attract talented Managers, Executives and Non-Executives to their organisations, both in the UK and Internationally.
We operate across all disciplines with recent appointments that include Managing Director, Sales & Marketing Director / Manager, Human Resources Director / Manager, Finance Director / Manager, Risk Director, IT Director / Manager, Purchasing Director, Supply Chain Director, Audit Manager and General Manager.
What we do is simple. We help match the right people with the right organisations and in the right roles. This means we take time to understand you, we listen to your needs and objectives, we use plain English, we keep everything transparent, and we work collaboratively to achieve long term results.
It is refreshingly simple; we just do the right thing, the right way... and we do what we say we are going to do
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Complaints And Policies Officer Action For Children , can-be-based-anywhere
- FREELANCE TRANSLATORS OF LEGAL TEXTSThe Court of Justice of the European Union, can-be-based-anywhere
- Office AdministratorPlaylist for Life , glasgow
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- Trainee Tram DriverEdinburgh Trams , edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist