Accounts AssistantVacancy posted: Friday, 13 January 2017
Closing date: 30 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 78140
Change Public Practice are recruiting on behalf of a mid-tier CA firm in Edinburgh City Centre who are keen to appoint an ambitious Accounts to their growing team. This opportunity will suit a professional individual who has worked within an accountancy firm environment for at least 12 months, and who is keen to add value to a well-established team.
You should have experience of working as an Accounts Assistant gained within an accountancy practice, ideally from within a business support team and will have either started working towards ACCA or be keen to commence studies.
Key responsibilities within this role:
· Act as a key point of contact for a varied client portfolio, providing a high quality service at all times
· To prepare annual and management accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
· Preparation of VAT Returns including partial exemption calculations
· Support senior management with ad-hoc tasks as and when required
· Support junior members of staff with queries and informal training
Skills and attributes to be considered:
· ACCA/ICAS part-qualified or studying towards AAT would be advantageous
· At least 12 months experience gained within an accountancy firm is essential
· Strong annual and management accounts experience is a necessity
· Proficient working knowledge of Sage, Xero or similar accounting software is required
· Ability to work well under pressure to meet regular deadlines
· Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
The ideal candidate for this role will be a motivated individual and will be working towards a professional qualification, and will have recent or current experience gained in a similar role. If you have the experience listed above, and are keen to join a firm offering a varied workload, a great day to day culture as well as an excellent work-life balance, then please apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
Along with a competitive salary package depending on experience, this firm also offers a range of staff benefits.
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Practice, please contact Johanne Smith
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist