Audit ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Closing date: 23 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 78549
Change Public Practice are recruiting for an Audit Manager who has exposure of working on internal and external audits within the Public Sector, ideally housing associations and charities. This well respected Chartered Accountancy firm has operations in both Edinburgh and Glasgow and this person could be situated in either office depending on personal preference / home location.
For this role you will have the following responsibilities:
· Manage client portfolios effectively
· Manage and develop employees within the team in order to ensure the delivery of a quality service to the client
· Develop positive working relationships with other teams
· Ensure work progresses in line with team procedures and within budget, to the expected timescale and that a high quality file is prepared in compliance with the firm’s standards and procedures
· Prepare for and attend client meetings, including audit committee meetings
· Mange work in progress on client portfolio against agreed budgets, maximise recoveries on client portfolio again agreed targets, prepare fees as appropriate and highlight any potential problems ahead of time
· Identify relevant planning, technical and business issues specific to a client i.e. tax / fraud / risk related issues and suggest solutions to the client engagement partner
· Develop and maintain positive client relationships, be involved in client seminars and training sessions as required
· Actively seek new business development opportunities for the firm using market knowledge and event attendance
Requirements for this role include:
· Chartered Accountancy qualification i.e. CA / ACCA etc.
· Minimum of 5 years’ public practice experience
· Previous experience working on internal audit and/or external audits within the Public Sector - ideally housing association and charities
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Effective communication skills
· Excellent report writing skills, ability to present written reports to a high standard
· Effective team player
If you are interested in discussing this role further, please contact Kasia Mackie.
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist