Audit Senior - GlasgowVacancy posted: Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000
Job ref. no.: 79467
Change Public Practice are working with a global public accountancy firm to assist them in the recruitment of an Audit Senior for either their Edinburgh or Glasgow offices.
This leading UK accountancy firm has a strong focus on hiring top talent, whilst also ensuring that their staff focus enables them to retain those individuals. This in turn has created a culture where your opinions are welcome and you will be given a challenging career along with the support and tools to shape your own career according to your strength, skills and personality. Hard work is truly recognised and professional development is available at all stages of your career.
· Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review
· Identify risk matters and raise with manager and/or partner, whilst exercising judgement with agreed parameters
· Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified
· Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers
· Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
· Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager
· Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office
· Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external regulatory requirements
· Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
· Newly qualified CA i.e. ICAS, ACCA or equivalent
· University degree in Accountancy would be highly desirable
· Minimum 3 years’ public practice experience i.e. Big 4, Top 10 or mid-tier practice
· Experience of working with a mixed commercial and middle-market client base
· Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site
· Working knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and Financial reporting requirements
· Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist