Finance Manager - Construction - GlasgowVacancy posted: Thursday, 12 January 2017
Salary: £36000 - £45000 per annum
Closing date: 26 January 2017
Job ref. no.: 13780410/001
Reporting to the Financial Controller at Group level, my client is seeking a technically strong, qualified accountant to lead the finance function in Scotland. The individual will be required to provide financial expertise and support to Group and ensure the company operates effectively within the controls and guidelines set.
Very much a recognisable brand and market leaders in the UK and Europe for over 50 years.
- Provide support to the Management team within the Division, analysing and interpreting the accounts and ensuring there is full understanding of the financial implications of decisions and issues affecting their business area.
- To ensure good communication with the wider Finance Department, sharing and using knowledge for the best interests of the Division and the overall Group.
- To acquire and display a thorough understanding of the business, making management information an integral part of the business to ensure reported information provides a sound base for decision making.
- To ensure that the Division complies with all accounting policies of the Group and make certain that accounting issues specific to the Division are properly recognised and resolved.
- To ensure that the systems of control and reporting provide relevant, timely and accurate management information and be involved in cross company initiatives to continually improve and develop them.
- To exert influence over decisions affecting the cash flow, profitability and long term sustainability of the business.
- To prepare monthly Management Accounts to strict deadlines, ensuring that all Balance Sheet Accounts are reconciled each month, taking corrective action to guarantee timeliness and accuracy of information.
- To prepare monthly profit and cash flow forecasts ensuring a full understanding of the variances is demonstrated and the highlighting of key risks and issues.
- To co-ordinate and drive the annual budget process for the Division ensuring all necessary reports are completed and deadlines met and a thorough budget is prepared.
- Effective presentation of management information to Divisional management and the Finance Director.
- To prepare the annual statutory financial accounts and support the annual audit process and liaise with the external auditors where necessary.
- To provide support and assistance to the Financial Controller as required.
- To provide effective leadership to your department, managing the development of your staff where appropriate in providing training and carrying out annual performance appraisals.
The successful candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant
- Have management accounting experience
- Be technically strong
- Focused on attention to detail
- Motivated and ambitious to take their career to the next level
£36,000 - £45,000 depending on relevance
|Contact Name||Allan Ferguson|
|Telephone||+44 141 331 7951|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Complaints And Policies Officer Action For Children , can-be-based-anywhere
- Social Care Worker - Home CareCity of Edinburgh Council, edinburgh
- FREELANCE TRANSLATORS OF LEGAL TEXTSThe Court of Justice of the European Union, can-be-based-anywhere
- Office AdministratorPlaylist for Life , glasgow
- Trainee Tram DriverEdinburgh Trams , edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist