Government & Public Sector Audit SeniorVacancy posted: Thursday, 23 March 2017
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Job ref. no.: 80062
Change Public Practice are working with a globally renowned Chartered Accountancy Practice to assist them in the recruitment of an Audit Senior for their Government and Public Sector team. This role can be based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.
This organisation is looking for individuals who would like to progress their career with a development path that includes the chance to enhance your sector knowledge, as well as working across the broader Assurance business. This team has demonstrated market leading growth consistently over a number of year and has ambitious plans for further development in the future. The client exposure will include a variety of local and central government organisations including NHS trusts and foundations, local councils, hospitals and emergency services. As well as developing financial statement audits, the team also produce value for money and grant certification work alongside assurance engagements including internal audit, investigations and governance reviews for these key client areas.
What’s in it for you? In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package you will benefit from gaining exposure of working with some of the largest and most complex government and public sector entities in a face-paced and dynamic environment at the cutting edge of technical accounting excellence. This in turn will provide you with a strong platform for career development and progression within the business.
- Execute client audits with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and technical accounting matters
- Complete fieldwork on client sites to ensure delivery of the audit process
- Work closely with other teams and service lines as required to help ensure the smooth delivery of client services
- Remain informed about technical and regulatory accounting change ensuring quality throughout delivery of all services
- Acting as a mentor for the more junior members of the team and provide on-the-job coaching
- Must have solid knowledge of primary accounting frameworks including UK GAAP and IFRS etc. and in related financial reporting matters
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the provision of external audit services to multiple clients/entities in the government and public sectors
- Must hold a full professional qualification i.e. ACA/ACCA/CIPFA etc.
Change Recruitment Group is the vehicle used to consolidate two leading specialist divisions providing comprehensive end to end recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates around the globe.
Change: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Support, Contact Centre & Sales, Financial Services & Investments, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal and Public Practice.
Change International: specialist providers within Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Investments, Tax, Human Resource, Legal, Oil & Gas and Senior Appointments
Change is a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Scotland. We have a strong reputation for service delivery. With a global reach, we work across the UK, EMEA, the Americas and Asia-Pac, locating exceptional talent for some of the world's leading organisations.Company profile View all jobs with Change
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist