AccountantVacancy posted: Friday, 9 September 2016
Salary: údepends on experience
Location: Dunbartonshire West
Closing date: 07 October 2016
Gilmour and Aitken Ltd is one of the UK’s leading premium hardwood timber suppliers to the joinery and construction market. Established in 1852, the business prides itself on its quality products and good customer service.
A position is available for an accountant to join the finance team reporting to the Financial Controller.
The candidate will have experience of book keeping activities and be familiar with excel. The main responsibilities will be maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers ensuring that receipts and payments are correctly recorded in the ledgers, cash book postings and bank reconciliations and the processing of the weekly payroll.
Account Duties and Responsibilities:
The Account will have four main areas of work namely:
Purchase Ledger Sales Ledger Cash Book Payroll
1.) Purchase Ledger:
- Account will process bills and invoices from suppliers
- Verifying accuracy, approvals and account coding before entry onto purchase ledger.
- Monthly purchase ledger payment run to be prepared and payments made to suppliers in a timely manner.
- Enter and update records of payments made to accounting system.
- Respond to supplier enquiries and resolve as required.
2.) Sales Ledger:
- Account process all receipts and remittances daily to the sales ledger.
- Preparing and maintaining list of over dues and communicating with sales team for collection.
- Attending to customer enquiries and resolve as required.
- Daily banking procedures and daily reconciliation of trade centre cash and credit card transactions
- Prepare bank deposits
- Send out customer statements
- Possess working knowledge of the payroll process
- Prepare weekly wages, print payslips and make online submissions and returns
- Reconciliation of weekly payroll payments made
- Recording staff absences and maintain holiday pay calculations
4: ) Cash Book
- Maintain excel cash book and record bank transactions into general ledger
- Prepare excel monthly bank reconciliation for review
- Accountant qualified.
- Good working knowledge of excel and basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Experienced in processing and maintaining entries in sales ledger, purchase ledger and nominal ledger.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner and be well organised
- High interpersonal skills and be good at communicating within a small workforce and team.
Salary will be dependent on applicant’s experience.
|Telephone||01389 752 333|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist