Assistant Accountant / BookkeeperVacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 October 2016
This role is for a candidate with a strong accounts background who is looking to further their career in finance within a dynamic and fast-growing business in Glasgow city centre, working within a team of 3, reporting to the Finance Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your accountancy career and become part of a rapidly evolving organisation.
The main duties:
- Daily financial operational processes for the group companies including;
- Processing of daily transactions and journals
- Purchase ledger management, including processing of purchase invoices & supplier payments and dealing with supplier queries
- Preparation of payroll data
- Assistance in the preparation of the monthly/annual management accounts & financial & management information for the group, including
- Month end close processes
- Timely and accurate preparation and reconciliation of control accounts, bank accounts and accruals & prepayments
- Financial analysis & reporting
- Additional administrative and ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential
- Ability to prioritise, take responsibility for assigned tasks and progress to completion within set deadlines i.e. strong task management skills.
- Demonstrate diligence, accuracy & a high level of attention to detail
- Able to work well both within a team and on own initiative with the ability to learn quickly & to adapt to the needs of the business
- Highly numerate with excellent IT skills, including a sound knowledge of Excel
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with Sage would be beneficial
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist