Finance AssistantVacancy posted: Thursday, 12 January 2017
Salary: £ Competitive
Closing date: 31 January 2017
McInroy & Wood Limited - Finance Assistant
A full-time Finance Assistant is required to join a small and well established finance team within McInroy & Wood Limited, a successful independent discretionary private client investment manager based in Haddington, East Lothian.
Experienced in bookkeeping & financial accounting, and comfortable with all forms of reconciliations and transaction processing. Working in a largely private client environment, the candidate will have had some exposure to the financial services industry, have a meticulous nature, excellent interpersonal skills and a high standard of accuracy and IT competence. A proactive individual, who will seek to enhance the department’s performance and support various stakeholders throughout the business. They will enjoy process improvements and ad hoc project work.
- Processing of, and improving controls over, monthly private client fees.
- Preparation of monthly funds under management analysis.
- Preparation of monthly purchase ledger and payment runs
- Assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts (Sage Line 200)
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly VAT returns (partial exemption)
- Performing daily reconciliations between internal and third party systems
- Preparing internal management information and reporting
- Enhancing cash forecasting and treasury functions
- Attendance at weekly departmental meetings
- Contribute to and prepare departmental risk register
- Liaising with external auditors
- Participation in strategic projects – gap analysis etc
- Cover for oversight of corporate dealing and unit trust client money accounts.
- Ad hoc assistance in Finance & MWP departments
- Providing cover for existing Finance team (of 2)
Required Competencies & Skills
- Relevant accounting qualification (AAT4, part-qualified CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Financial services experience preferred (esp. fee calculations/client money/unit trusts)
- Experience of working within a small finance department.
- Conscientious and orderly approach
- Sage Line 200, Sage 50 Payroll, Sage 50 P11d
- Online banking (eg BoS Corporate Online, BNY Workbench, Natwest Bankline)
- Comfortable with all forms of reconciliation.
- MS Office Excel (high proficiency preferred)
- MS Office Word
- MS Outlook
Salary: Competitive, and dependent upon experience
Holidays: 20 days per year; increases to 30 days depending upon time spent with company
Pension: Group personal pension scheme, defined contribution. Company contributes 7% of salary p.a.
Health: AXA healthcare insurance.
Workplace: A friendly environment with award winning office premises.
|Contact Name||HR Department|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist